This year's theme is "Iowa Social Studies: A Whole New World"
Conference sessions will focus on Equipping Teachers as Leaders in a New Era
- Engaging in Inquiry
- Finding and Evaluating Sources
- Communicating Conclusions/Taking Actions
- Teaching with Technology
Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Dianne Bystrom Dr. Bystrom served as the director of the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics at Iowa State University between 1996 and 2018. She established Iowa State’s interdisciplinary undergraduate Leadership Studies Program; taught courses on leadership, women and politics, and political campaigns; and speaks frequently to university and community organizations throughout the state and nation on women’s leadership and political status.
The conference will be at:
West Des Moines Marriott
1250 Jordan Creek Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50266
How will ICSS encourage participants to visit the exhibitors?
- The exhibitor space is in the midst of all the breakout rooms.
- All refreshments and snacks will be in the exhibitor area.
- Exclusive time set aside in the AM and the PM for participants to visit the exhibitors.
- If this completed contract is received by Sept. 3, ICSS will guarantee that your organization or business will appear in the conference program and on the ICSS website.
One exhibitor per booth may attend the conference sessions for free!
If additional exhibitors would like to attend the conference, they get a discounted rate!
Want to sponsor a strand of sessions on a particular theme in social studies?
Check the appropriate box, and add the amount to your booth fee.
We’ll contact you with details.
Want to join the Iowa Council?
Simply check the appropriate box and add $25 to your booth fee.
The ICSS membership coordinator will contact you.
Learn about the benefits of ICSS Membership at www.iowasocialstudies.org.
Read the entire contract carefully and thoroughly.
Some items have been changed and/or updated.
Questions may be directed to:
Daniel Jones, ICSS Exhibitor Coordinator
Learn more about the conference on-line www.iowasocialstudies.org